Vacancy - Records Assistant II/I (RBA/4/3/4/2021/05)
- Bachelors degree in any of the following; Records Management & Information studies, Library and Information studies, Archives and Records management or equivalent from a recognized university; ORDiploma in any of the following; Records Management & Information studies, Library and Information studies, Archives and Records management from a recognized university;
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
- Minimum KCSE grade C- or equivalent;
- Certificate in computer proficiency from a recognized institution;
- At least one (1) year relevant work experience;
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution.
KRA 1: Records and Registry Management
- Maintain a registry system to ensure accurate filing and retrieval process of
- documents and records.
- Manage incoming documents to ensure proper classification and appropriate filing
- Register both incoming and outgoing files in the movement register to ensure all files removed from registry are properly recorded in the master registry file
- Undertake periodic inspections of materials or files in order to ensure correct placement, legibility, and proper condition.
- Training of users on the filing and record management system including document folio procedures
- Assist in development and review of a records management procedure manual
- Appraisal of all non-current/closed records
- Identification, listing, labelling and transfer of records for permanent preservation at KNADS
- Obtain authority for destruction of valueless records from the Director of KNADS
KRA 2: Scanning and Indexing
- Sort out mail and scanning the same to ensure electronic record in the workflow
- Manage the scanned mail to ensure security and timely attention and action on same
- Develop accurate and consistent indexing of documents to ensure a reliable database and distribution of electronic data and information to users.
- Regularly update database with latest data or information from schemes returns
Terms of Offer
These positions offer a competitive remuneration package, excellent opportunity to make a contribution to the performance of the Authority.
RBA is an Equal opportunity employer, employer of choice, and all qualified Kenyans are encouraged to apply.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will result in automatic disqualification.
Retirement Benefits Authority (RBA) is ISO 9001:2015 Certified