Vacancy - Finance Officer II (RBA/4/3/4/2021/01)
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following: Commerce, Finance, Accounting or equivalent from a recognized University;
- Certified Public Accountant II as a minimum or equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in computer proficiency from a recognized institution;
- At least one (1) year relevant work experience;
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution.
KRA 1: Data
- Participate in compilation of financial information on money received by RBA from various sources.
- Assist senior officers to compile data on payments made by RBA to various payees.
KRA 2: Accounting Systems
- Work with others to develop/implement adequate internal controls.
- Participate in issue/use of various accounting tools – payment vouchers, imprest warrants, cheque books, receipts, etc.
KRA 3: Revenue
- Assist to plan and revenue forecasting – such as budgets and proposals for funding of projects/programs.
- Assist in receipting of revenue from various sources – exchequer issues, clients, and development partners.
KRA 4: Expenditure
- Work with senior officers to prepare payment documents on claims and payments to employees, suppliers, and statutory authorities.
- Participate in organizing approval of payment documents, allocation of funds for the payments, and effecting the payments.
- Participate in the preparation of financial reports and management reports
KRA 5: Assets
- Maintain the assets register and ensure regular updates
- Work with others to tag assets and enter details in the assets management system.
- Assist in computing assets depreciation and verify balances on each account.
Terms of Offer
These positions offer a competitive remuneration package, excellent opportunity to make a contribution to the performance of the Authority.
RBA is an Equal opportunity employer, employer of choice, and all qualified Kenyans are encouraged to apply.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will result in automatic disqualification.
Retirement Benefits Authority (RBA) is ISO 9001:2015 Certified